Friday, January 3, 2014

Guest Bedroom Overhaul

Ever since moving into our dream home, I have been fighting a battle so fierce, I thought I was going to have to call in the Calvary. That was until I had an epiphany! Here is the back story...

True Confession; I hated this desk!


It is in the guest room and takes up WAY too much room. My dream... to have a guest room that our company would love to stay in. Bed and breakfast inspired and totally relaxing.
This desk was cramping my style...literally!

I have brought up selling it about once a month since moving in and every time, I get the same response... "It's a good dresser, I like it, I don't want to get rid of it." This is the last frontier folks! I have been able to convince him to get rid of many things that do not meet my standards but THIS DESK is his one hold out. I have offered to help him move it into the Man Cave, (hehe) but that didn't work. So I decided to add some fabric on the back to make it blend better with our decor...but the new wore off and I hated the desk again. The guest bedroom haunted me. I had no inspiration, it was stuffed with furniture I didn't love and it just became a dumping ground for craft and DIY project tools and supplies...something had to be done!

Then, one glorious Sunday, I got the best idea EVER! Put the desk in the closet! There was just one problem... the closet was FULL! Well, no matter! I was determined to have my way with this guest room. ;-)

 Here is the room before (I am so ashamed!!!!)



 Here is what it looked like after I cleaned out the closet...



... and moved the furniture.


And here is the final product...



I LOOOOOVVVVEEE it! I really wanted to sleep in the guest room that night! Can you blame me?! 

I hope this has inspired you to tackle a project that has been haunting you. You can do it! Love ya!
                                                     ~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment